Thursday, June 14, 2007

New Car Shopping

My beloved 11-year-old car, with all its dents and duct tape glory, no longer has working AC and the electronic displays on the dashboard no longer appear. I need to buy a new car.

My teenage daughter will be driving this vehicle someday, which makes her a part-owner by way of teen logic. (Hey, you live with a guy and it's a common-law marriage. Same rules should apply to cars, right?)

Anyway, my daughter Alta REALLY wants me to get a Nissan Altima. Why? Because you can re-arrange the letters in "her" car’s name to say "I ‘M ALTA." Her sister pointed out that since I’ll also be driving this vehicle, they can also call it the "Alta-Ma".

My husband is horrified that this might actually be a factor in my next car purchase. I'm not much of a car person, so this seems as good a starting point as any for a car-buying expedition. On paper the 2007 Altima meets the safety ratings, price, and comfortable-seating-for-five requirements just fine. And it looks darn pretty in my favorite colors. What more need we know?

1 comment:

Jeff Hansen said...

Definitely get an altima. they are nice cars to boot.

you must get plates that read....Im alta. that would be cool.