Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Mind of a 7-Year-Old Boy

The other night we took my mother-in-law to a party at my father-in-law’s nursing home. She sat in front with Hubby and I crawled in back with my 7-year-old son Freddy. I was the last to get out, and decided to leave my purse in the car rather than risk forgetting it at the nursing home. When we got back in the car, I realized my purse was missing. I freaked out to think someone would have stolen it from my car at the nursing home, but it was definitely gone.

When we got home, Hubby looked in the trunk area behind the back seat, and there it was. We figure Freddy got in the car first, saw the purse where he wanted to sit, and threw it in back without a second thought. He honestly didn’t remember pitching my purse when I started asking about it – he even crawled under seats to look for it. That incident sums up my seven-year-old son pretty nicely.

No comments: